Mushroom & Kale Enchiladas
8 oz Baby bella mushrooms
8 oz Fresh chopped kale
4 tsp Olive oil
16 oz Fat-free refried beans
1 tsp Cumin
1/4 - 1/2 tsp Salt (to taste)
28 oz Enchilada sauce
8-16 Almond Flour Tortillas (If you want to only make 8 or less enchiladas, just freeze the rest of the filling for next time!)
8 oz Low-fat shredded cheese (Monterey Jack or a mix of cheeses; or your favorite dairy-free cheese)
1. Heat a skillet over medium heat and add 2 tsp of oil. Once the oil is hot, add the mushrooms and sauté until browned and the liquid has cooked off, about 5-7 minutes. Move the mushrooms into the bowl of a food processor and set aside to cool.
2. Add 1 tsp of oil to the skillet. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add half of the kale to the skillet and sauté, stirring frequently so the leaves don't burn, until it has greened up, about 3-4 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, place the beans into a large bowl. Process the mushrooms in the food processor until they resemble a paste, then add to the bowl with the beans.
4. Add the sauteed kale to the food processor and let sit until it stops steaming, then process until it is chopped up into small pieces and add to the bowl with the mushrooms and beans.
5. Repeat Steps 2 and 4 with the remaining kale.
6. Add cumin and salt to the bowl and mix until all ingredients are evenly combined.
7. Add 1/4 cup of the enchilada sauce and stir.
8. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
9. Add enchilada sauce to a large baking dish (9" x 13" or so), just enough to cover the bottom. If making 16 enchiladas, you may need two dishes.
10. On a clean worksurface, place 1 tortilla down, add 1/4 cup of filling to the center, then sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of cheese. Fold the sides over to the center and place face down in the baking dish.
11. Repeat with the remaining tortillas.
12. Pour the remaining enchilada sauce over the tortillas then sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
13. Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the sauce is bubbling.